The agenda for the HSMAI Revenue Optimization Conference has been developed by the senior leaders in Revenue Management and Commercial areas to ensure we are providing the most appropriate sessions for hotels and resorts to attend to learn more about how you can increase your revenue and profit! Lots of hotel speakers will share their experience and knowledge with the audience.
Day 1 – Thursday 9th June Agenda
HSMAI Revenue Optimization Conference (ROC)
All Day – 9am – 5pm (then networking drinks until 6:30pm)
The only place to see the Hotel leaders in Revenue Management, marketing, commercial and sales in the Asia Pacific sharing their insights and knowledge on trends in Hotel Revenue Optimization, Distribution, Pricing, Data, marketing and more.
Welcome from the HSMAI Global CEO & President, Bob Gilbert and Maunik Thacker, Senior Vice President Marketing, Marina Bay Sands & HSMAI Asia Pacific Commercial Advisory Board
Introduction and overview of the 2-day program by Heidi Gempel, Managing Director, HGE International& member of the HSMAI Asia Pacific Commercial Advisory Board
An economic perspective for hoteliers on how the Travel & Tourism Industry will develop over the next 3-5 years.
Forward data looking at channels and segments in Asia Pacific. Speaker: Tracy Chua, Strategic Account Director, Amadeus Hospitality
F&B accounts for a significant percentage of revenue in APAC. As such, there are many opportunities for RM, but how should you approach it? The answer may surprise you!’
Professor Sherri Kimes has conducted extensive research in Asia Pacific around all things Food and Beverage. In this session, Sherri will reveal some of the findings and how Revenue Management should approach F&B. Don’t miss this!
Description coming soon
Hear from the owners! We’ll ask them questions like these:
- What are they focusing on this year and looking ahead to next year?
- What do owners see in terms of hotels’ performance post-pandemic? Would this impact their future investment in the industry? Such as more resorts than city hotels?
- For existing hotels, what do owners see as good performance hotel besides making a profit and
- What are the practices hotels are adopting that add value to the asset
- Future hotel development/renovation: what do owners see in terms of meeting space, hotel rooms, and what would be the right direction for design to fit the post-pandemic environment.
Contact us to submit questions you would like us to ask the owners.
Facilitator: Cat Wu, Corporate Director of Revenue Management at Rosewood Hotels
Bringing together different commercial leaders across the hospitality industry is an interesting juggling act especially with the growing disciplines in e-commerce, revenue management, digital and sales. So, how can your property move from RevPAR to GOPAR? This session will focus on the skills and core competencies your commercial team will need to compete in 2022 on onwards, and provide examples of how you can bring them altogether into one team.
We have entered a new era of hospitality and travel. As sales professionals and leaders, it is imperative that we shift our mindset and adopt certain strategies that will lead to effective change in our approach to sales. How should we be embracing this new mindset, and how are we managing current challenges presented to salespeople due to the impact of the pandemic.
The sales role was changing prior to the COVID pandemic as customers are looking for more for a “trusted advisor” and a lot of sales work is now done in the virtual environment. This requires different skills and competencies. As staff numbers have been consolidated, it has been necessary for salespeople to work more closely than ever before with their peers in marketing and revenue, as well as with salespeople previously working in different areas.
Which of these changes will remain and which will might go? What is the future of the Sales role?
Speaker: Paul Er, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Asia, Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels
Hotel companies are increasingly reporting growth in their direct channels, thus reducing reliance on third-party distribution resulting in stronger margins. This session will focus on how loyalty programmes can play a critical role in driving sustainable growth for your business whilst increasing customer engagement.
- Using 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data for profiling and targeting the right customers, through different channels and platforms across the customer journey.
- Limitations due to loss of 3rd party cookies and data privacy.
- Relevant and contextual messaging at different touch points throughout the journey.
- Personalized Content to drive conversion.
Hear from a hotelier who dedicates 100% of her time to data insights. Ivy has some case studies from Hilton on the magic things you can achieve from using consumer and social data to drive audience understanding and some practical ways to use it to drive stronger connection with consumers.
Director, Planning, Strategy & Insights – Asia Pacific
Attribute Based Pricing (ABP) is hotel’s specific pricing strategy of their products and services at an attribute level, requiring the hotelier to completely break down their product bundles to allow hotel guests to build and price their ideal room during the booking process using individual attributes of the room and rate plan. We conducted semi-structured in-depth interviews with 19 executive-level industry professionals and 4 academic experts to build a framework for attribute-based pricing implementation in the hotel industry.
It’s great to have everyone together in-person again. So we can get to know each other better, Heidi will chat about associations and what associations can do for you and the industry. Focus is on HSMAI of course.
Detlev will cover:
- What is it?
- How does it work?
- What are the implications for the hospitality industry?
- What are the benefits for the hospitality industry
More details coming soon!
Detailed description coming soon!
Join us for cocktails and networking at the beautiful Sands Expo venue overlooking Marina Bay. Canapes and wine, beer and juices will be served. We’d love to meet you after the event. Bring your badge so we know you’re ‘one of us’!
Day 2 – Friday 10th June Agenda
HSMAI Academy Masterclasses
Morning Session – 8:30am – 1:00pm
The Masterclasses will be hands-on workshop-style educational session where you can apply learning to your own property with the help of the hotel experts in the room. This workshop has been developed by HSMAI with the expert knowledge of senior hotel marketers. Space is limited.
Tech Innovations Show
Afternoon Session – 2:00pm – 4:30pm
During the pandemic, Tech vendors have been madly working away at developing new features and new products for the Hospitality industry. Get yourself updated on the latest technology to solve your challenges in one morning at the HSMAI Tech Innovations Show.
These sessions are designed by our Conference partners and for the first time, they are free to do a sales pitch and show off their products!
This will be followed by presentation of “Certificate of Attendance” to all those who would like one, presented by Sandeep Ghandir from Accor and a long-time HSMAI Singapore Chapter Board member.
Learn about the educational offerings from HSMAI’s Academy and how you can qualify, enrol and continue to grow your career.
- How to get certified in Revenue Management, Digital Marketing and Business Acumen
- Getting started in Revenue Management and Digital Marketing – the right courses for you
- How General Managers and Executive Team members can get up to speed on Commercial topics
- Local Chapter Educational Workshops
- From single courses for 1 person to complete Learning Management System with over 200 courses.
Its all about helping hoteliers of all levels grow their skills and knowledge.
You will learn:
- How to read, and gain insights from data and reports and turn that into commercial actions that increase ROI
- Live examples of how hoteliers can use data to improve ROI by Ivy Esquero, Director of Planning and Insights – APAC, Hilton International
- The attendees will simulate a hotel commercial team and work through a case study with Professor Sherri Kimes, Emeritus Professor, Cornell University
This workshop will cover the topics of content and rich media specifically for the hotel marketers and distribution people.
It represents one of your hotel’s key “salespeople,” available to guests whenever and wherever they are along their purchase path. Whether your guests are dreaming, planning, booking, experiencing, or sharing, content performs a vital role in the process:
- It inspires guests when they’re dreaming
- It answers questions when they’re planning
- It provides assurance when they’re booking
- It offers guidance while they’re experiencing your destination
- And it inspires, reminds, and delights them and others as well when they’re sharing their experience with friends, family, and colleagues.
You will learn
- A guide to developing your hotel Content Strategy
- Knowledge of best practice for hotel content
- Type of content to use in different situations
- Learn about Rich Media
- Learn about content distribution tools
Total Revenue Forecasting (TRF) is under discussion nowadays, as many businesses realize the opportunities and the revenue potential of Total Revenue Forecasting. TRF is often the first step towards implementing “Total Revenue Management” so get started with this masterclass by Associate Professor, Dr. Detlev Remy from the Singapore Institute of Technology and a member of the HSMAI APAC Commercial Advisory Board. Detlev is joined by Anders Johannson, CEO & Founder, Demand Calendar.
What will you learn:
- What is TRF?
- Why you should apply it
- How to move forward
- What is needed to get started
- How will it work and;
- The benefits and implications.
Description to come…
Speaker: Bernard Tan, Director of Reservations and Guest Management Solutions, APAC
For those who would like a Certificate of Attendance, this is the session for you.
Take a selfie or reel to share on your social pages:
Day 1 & Day 2
Thursday & Friday – 8am – 5pm
Our partners will be there to showcase their products so please head over to their tables and talk to them. This event comes to you at a low price because these partners sponsor the event. You will have a chance to chat with Cendyn, The Hotels Network, Duetto, Revinate, SuccessGlo, CVent and more about their products and how they can help you.