HOTEL STRATEGY CONFERENCE
9th - 10th JULY, 2019
HSMAI’s Strategy Conference has been where senior leaders in Hospitality connect and engage in meaningful, thought-provoking conversations about the most important strategic issues facing the business today. The conference continues to provide hoteliers and their partners practical information, insights, and strategies to drive revenue and engage guests – before, during, and after their stays.
This years focus is around the customer journey. Secure Your Spot Today!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CONFERENCE NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with this conference and other HSMAI news
DAY 1: CONFERENCE
The main conference day is the place to see and hear senior hoteliers from Asia Pacific sharing their experience, some case studies and best practices for hotels. The focus is on sales, digital, e-commerce and distribution. More details coming soon.
DAY 2: WORKSHOP DAY
HSMAI Academy presents a full day of Training Workshops providing you with the practical skills you need to make a difference to your business.
DAY 2: EXECUTIVE ROUNDTABLE
For senior hoteliers, Day 2 includes an invitation-only Chief Commercial Officers Executive Roundtable over lunch. Contact us for an invitation
With powerful educational and networking opportunities, this is the can’t-miss conference of the year for engaging with Hotel Leaders in Asia Pacific. A full day conference is followed by workshops on Day 2 as well as an ‘invitation-only’ Chief Commercial Officers Executive Roundtable.
Contact us for more information
HOTEL STRATEGY CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Day 1 – 9th July, 2019
- 8:15am – 9:00am: Registration / Tea & Coffee
- 9:00am – 5:30pm HSMAI Hotel Strategy Conference
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm HSMAI Cocktails and networking session
Day 2 – 10th July, 2019 HSMAI Academy Day 9:00am to 5:30pm
- 9:00am – Midday: Partner Workshops & Insights sessions
- 9:00am – Midday: HSMAI (CHDM) Digital Marketing Workshop – get Certified in Hospitality Digital Marketing!
- Midday – 2:30pm: HSMAI Chief Commercial Officers Executive Roundtable (Invitation-only)
- 1:00pm – 4:30pm: HSMAI Masters Training Workshops – earn micro-credentials
Platinum Educational Partner & Regional Partner 2019
WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO ROC 2018?
For fifteen years, HSMAI’s Revenue Optimization Conference (ROC) has been the place where hotel revenue leaders unite for education, collaboration, and innovation. Since, 2015 in Asia Pacific, this conference delivers the most compelling and comprehensive revenue management event for the local hotel industry, and convenes more than 100 key stakeholders to address the most critical trends affecting revenue management in hotels today. It’s where senior leaders in hospitality connect and engage in meaningful, thought-provoking conversations about hotel pricing, hotel distribution, rooms forecasting, business intelligence, hotel distribution and more. With powerful educational and networking opportunities, this is the can’t-miss conference of the year!
- The only strategic Revenue Optimisation event in Asia delivering insights on how you can drive the next phase of your hotel’s growth
- A perfect opportunity to check your current strategy – Is it aligned with the changing market environments?
- Learn about the upside of a solid Marketing, Sales & Revenue Management Relationship
- Hear about the latest Tools to help you implement your strategies
- Benchmark the performance of your Team with that of your competitors
- Engage with Asia Pacific’s Leaders from General Managers, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Revenue Management
HSMAI Revenue Optimization Conference delivers the most compelling and comprehensive revenue management event for the hotel industry, and convenes key stakeholders to address the most critical trends affecting revenue management in hotels today. With powerful educational and networking opportunities, this is the can’t-miss conference of the year for engaging with Revenue Leaders in Asia Pacific. A full day conference is followed by workshops on day 2 and an invitation.
If you would like to partner with us, please enquire to receive a copy of the 2018 brochure.
You can also find out more about partnering with us on out Partnership page.
Venue: The Sands Conference & Expo centre-: Level 3 Heliconia 3412 – 3513
Getting There: Go to the Marina Bay Sands site for details on how to get there.
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Contact Us About ROC 2018
CONFERENCE TOPICS - DAY 1
In an industry experiencing constant disruption, let’s start the day with an update on the latest innovations and emerging trends in the hotel industry.
Let’s start the day with some insights on our local markets. Who is travelling where? Trends in rates, forward looking data and historical data. Most importantly, what should we be doing about the changing trends?
We’ve been talking about TRM for years now but is anyone actually doing it? How can hotels get started towards implementing TRM? Function Space, Restaurant, Spa, Activities? All of these products can be effectively revenue managed. Hear from hoteliers that have been through the pain and made this work.
With a methodology that has proved to be accurate across thousands of projects, we will:
- Show you how to target the people who will pay the highest rate (Identify segments with a high willingness to pay)
- Determine how willingness to pay differs between segments.
- Provide insight for fine-tuning differential pricing strategies
A quick update on the activities for 2018 being tackled by our senior level volunteers on the Revenue Advisory Board, Digital Advisory Board and HSMAI Academy. Find out your non-profit industry association, HSMAI, can help you.
During this session, we will review some of the tools already in use by hotels but that are under-utilised for data visualization as well as the tools of the future and the considerations they should have. We will touch on what type of people you need in your teams to build good data visualization and best practices. We will discuss how data visualisation tools can assist your communication your strategy with greater clarity and help you make better decision. The session will also cover opportunities available to hoteliers by demonstrating how large companies are using data visualization and predictive analytics to find out how to better target their customers.
Keep Up with The Shifts in Customer Behaviour to Deliver Relevant and Personalized Products and Pricing
Shailesh Pallipurnam will present a Case Study on how a hotel used the data they have on hand to improve their ROI. Learn how they did it – you can do it too.
Target markets, source markets? Isn’t that the role of the Sales & Marketing team? In this session, we’ll talk about:
- Things to consider in deriving the Total Guest Value metric for your top source markets
- Using this data in prioritizing hotel marketing, sales and revenue therefore optimizing results for the property
- Going Deeper: Top questions you need to know about your Top 5 source markets
HSMAI ACADEMY DAY - DAY 2
Join us for a Training Workshop style session on improving your pricing strategy and tactics. (More information shortly)
Facilitator: Fabian Bartnick
Do you want to get validation that you are a proficient Revenue Manager? The CRME certification proves your ability as a revenue manager. Come to this session and find out how the certification works and get an overview of the topics covered in the process. Many people say they revenue management experience, to stand out from the crowd, prove your ROI with a globally-recognised certification.
This session will give you an overview of the curriculum and requirements to become a CRME.
The CRME designation is recognition that you are:
- A professional in the field of revenue management and clearly conversant with its intricacies and importance
- Competent to develop an infrastructure to support revenue management within the framework of an organization
- Able to maximize revenue opportunities and optimize profits by managing revenue
- Capable of making informed decisions to accept or reject pieces of business to meet overall organizational goals
- Proficient at the art and science of revenue management
Facilitators: Paul van Meerendok and Tracy Dong
All business need some data to improve their business. Accommodation providers have a lot of data available to them. This course explains how to get the data you need, what you can use it for and will cover some case studies on how hoteliers have improved their business using data and intelligence.
You will learn:
- Where is data available (it’s easier than you think)
- How to read, and gain insights from data and reports
- How to present data in a visual way to make it easy to understand for your audience