NoVacancy is Australia’s largest and most important exhibition for connecting suppliers with decision makers across the hotel and hospitality industry which was held on 24 & 25 July 2019.
CASE STUDY SERIES: LEADERSHIP INSIGHTS IN DIGITAL MARKETING
Hotel Marketing Summit
24th July, 2019 late morning session.
Powered by HSMAI (Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International), this session brings together a collective of Marketing and Digital leaders to share insights into their strategic approaches in both online and offline marketing. You’ll hear a short case study from each thought leader before we dive into a powerful panel discussion on what is and isn’t working in the 2019 hotel marketing mix.
Case Studies and Q&A – don’t miss your chance to hear the latest tactics being deployed. More information on this session will be posted soon!
Moderator: Jackie Douglas, President HSMAI Asia Pacific
- Shaizeen Contractor, Chief Revenue Officer, TFE Hotels
- Stacey Dean, Director of Marketing Upper South East Asia, Accor Hotels
- Matt Granfield, Group Director of Digital, Minor Hotels Group
- Annette MacAndrew, Director of Sales and Marketing Australia, Frasers Hospitality
CASE STUDIES FROM HOTEL LEADERS
A fascinating case study from Frasers Hotels on how they implemented an SEO Strategy and Meta in a small hotel group. Learn how much improvement hotels can earn from these types of strategies.
EXTRA TIPS FROM ANNETTE:
Q- What are the best practices to get the most out of your own website bookings and compete with OTA’s
- We suggest following practices to engage and retain a visitor to your brand website
- Keep a monopoly of a sharp offer just for your own website which does not get affected by OTA rate parity rules
- Website popups- Don’t do too many of it as it can confuse the visitor, Keep a couple with the right message and analyse the click through rate
- Always try to implement an abandonment message offer capturing the intent of visitor when they are about to leave your website and try one more time to bring them back
Q- Why are you thinking of implementing a meta strategy for your hotels ?
- We analysed that traffic to some key meta platforms like GHA, Trivago and Trip Advisor was massive for our hotels and we wanted to shift them to our own website.
- We pay commission to some external partners for making our brand visible there and we thought there is good enough opportunity to bring those commission levels down and increase our website share a bit more
Q- What are some other initiatives which Frasers is planning to implement in Future ?
- Meta strategy is coming up live in next couple of months.
- We are planning to bring in Dynamic ads and target to our database and to new customers through digital marketing and compete with OTA’s offering a competitive rate whenever it happens due to demand/supply factor.
- Enhance our loyalty program to be more flexible. Part payment and loyalty points combining them to make a booking giving them more value. At present, They have to reach to a certain level of points accumulation to consider a free stay which is a long journey to cover.
Speaker: Annette MacAndrew
Director of Sales and Marketing Australia
Frasers Hospitality Australia Management Pty Ltd
A short case study on how consumer data and research can be used to address the needs of the guest through specially designed and tailored offerings. Stacey Dean from Accor will share information on their recent Inspired by Her for MGallery which focuses on the needs of women travellers.
Speaker: Stacey Dean
Director of Marketing – Upper South East Asia,
A focus on aligning marketing (digital & brand), sales, revenue and operations to the same Key Performance Indicators; creating shared values and goals, building an agile and proactive team and always being commercially astute, measuring the ROI on spend. Shaizeen Contractor will share her journey on aligning her teams to support operations and work cohesively as a powerful force to generate revenue for the hotels.
Speaker: Shaizeen Contractor
Chief Revenue Officer
Matt is Group Director of Digital at Minor Hotels and has previously worked as General Manager of Marketing and Communications for the city of Brisbane and Executive Director of Marketing and Digital for Mantra Group. When he’s not developing digital and innovation strategies for Minor, he also runs a charity called Spare Keys, which makes spare hotel rooms available for those in need
Speaker: Matt Granfield
Group Director of Digital